This Manual seeks to secure and maintain confidence in the market. The underlying principles of the listing rules include the following: —
(1) issuers shall have minimum standards of quality, operations, management experience and expertise;
(2) investors and their professional advisers shall be given all information that they would reasonably require to make an informed assessment of the securities for which listing is sought;
(3) issuers shall disclose information if a reasonable person would expect that information to have a material effect on the price or value of their listed securities;
(4) all holders of listed securities shall be treated fairly and equitably; and
(5) directors of an issuer shall act in the interests of shareholders as a whole, particularly where a director or substantial shareholder has a material interest in a transaction entered into by the issuer.