To be eligible for registration as a Trading Representative, an applicant must:—
(1) be at least 21 years old;
(2) be a fit and proper* person;
(3) possess a good track record of business conduct (if applicable);
(4) hold a licence from or be registered with the Relevant Regulatory Authority for the conduct of relevant regulated activities, unless exempted, and whose licence or registration is not suspended, revoked or expired. If SGX-ST is of the view that the regulatory requirements arising from the licence and registration are not comparable to those contemplated under the Act and this Rules, it shall have the discretion to prescribe additional requirements;
(5) not be a person whose registration or licence has previously been revoked by an exchange or a regulatory body, whether in or out of Singapore; and
(6) not be an undischarged bankrupt, whether in or out of Singapore.
* SGX-ST shall evaluate "fit and proper" criteria in this Rule 7.1.1 in a manner similar to the MAS Guidelines on Fit and Proper Criteria.