(1) An issue of shares must not be priced at more than 10% discount to the weighted average price for trades done on the Exchange for the full market day on which the placement or subscription agreement is signed. If trading in the issuer's shares is not available for a full market day, the weighted average price must be based on the trades done on the preceding market day up to the time the placement agreement is signed.
(2) An issue of company warrants or other convertible securities is subject to the following requirements:—
(a) if the conversion price is fixed, the price must not be more than 10% discount to the prevailing market price of the underlying shares prior to the signing of the placement or subscription agreement.
(b) if the conversion price is based on a formula, any discount in the price-fixing formula must not be more than 10% of the prevailing market price of the underlying shares before conversion.
(3) Rule 811(1) and (2) is not applicable if specific shareholder approval is obtained for the issue of shares, company warrants or other convertible securities.
(4) Where specific shareholders' approval is sought, the circular must include the following:—
(a) Information required under Rule 810; and
(b) The basis upon which the discount was determined.
(5) In the case of REITs and business trusts, for the purpose of Rule 811, the discount or premium of the issue price may be computed with reference to the weighted average price excluding declared distributions for trades done for the underlying units on the Exchange for the full market day on which the placement or subscription agreement is signed, provided that the placees are not entitled to the declared distributions.